Friday, May 2, 2008

Loss

Despite my opponent's lack of campaigning and my seemingly-endless campaigning, which brought me to a run-off election, I lost today's run-off. Most of my class confronted me to say that they thought I has the superior speech, and I was the only of my five opponents to have stickers and/or campaign signs. Nonetheless, once I saw the results, I found the other contender to say: "They posted the results. You won. Congratulations." As if the bitter taste of defeat wasn't bad enough, she replied, saying: "Really?! Oh my goodness! Please, turn around, so I don't laugh to your face" (Italics for emphasis). As a consolation, at least, many sophomores, juniors, and seniors, with whom I'm friends, who all told me that they'd have voted for me, were they freshmen. Alas, the popluarity contest lives on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe "most" is a bit of an exaggeration ... wouldn't "most" be more than 50%, giving you a win?? Fix that logic, sir.
Plus, no one likes a whiner ... you lost, but that doesn't give you the right to blame it on your opponent's popularity.

Anonymous said...

Thank you sfeld!